Personal data means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to us via our website. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
Information we may collect from you.
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests.
- We use our website to facilitate the provision of information about us to you.
- We may automatically collect the following information when you use our website.
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information for using our website, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) click streamed to, through and from our website (including date and time); page response times, download errors, timing of your responses, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- We will use the personal data that we collect about you only for the purposes of providing you with information about us and helping to manage any application that you may make to us.
- We will keep the information that you provide for up to 24 months, and may use it in relation to any further requests for information or applications that you make to us in that time.
How do we process your personal data?
Nutshell will comply with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and/or disclosure; and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data only for clearly defined specific purposes and only for so long as it is needed.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to protecting your personal data.
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Nutshell holds about you (Data Access Request).
- The right to request that Nutshell corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date (Right to Rectification).
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Nutshell to retain such data for legal or regulatory requirements (Right To Be Forgotten).
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time (Right To Object).
- The right to request that the data controller provides you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller (Data Portability).
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing (Right To Restrict).
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data, except where that processing is to meet legal obligations (Right To Object).
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (Right To Complain).
Disclosure of your information
We will not share the personal data that you submit via our website outside our organisation unless and to the extent that,
- We outsource any aspect of our marketing or application process.
- We are under a duty to disclose or share that information in order to comply with any legal obligation.
- Such disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of our organisation, our customers, or others.
Where we store your personal data
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating inside or outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy statement.
Access to information
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and we will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact Us for more details at [email protected], or using the contact details below.
Types of cookie used on our website:
- Analytics & Tracking – We use these to understand how our website is being used in order to improve the user experience. User data is anonymous.
- Remarketing — We use these cookies to show relevant adverts to users who have previously visited our website, as they browse other websites. We also use these cookies to generate profile information in order to allow us to market to people with similar profiles. Remarketing services we use include both Google and Facebook. To opt-out from Google edit your Google Ad Settings.
Changes to our privacy statement
We may change this privacy statement at any time (for example, if the law changes), and such changes may take immediate effect. Any changes we may make to this privacy statement in the future will be posted on this page. We recommend that you check this page regularly to keep up-to-date.