As 2016 draws to a close, it’s only natural for us to look back at the fantastic year we’ve had. To join in with the Christmas festivities and celebrate our success, we’ve been reflecting on our biggest highlights and achievements of 2016:
- Our favourite project of the year has to be our Sussex Country House refurbishment. This was an incredibly interesting project to work on and brought with it a number of period property challenges, the opportunity to work with a variety of historical and architectural styles as well as the chance to completely modernise a unique space.
- 2016 has been a year of growth for us – our busiest year yet reached a turnover up 50% from 2015.
- This year has also seen us forge some valuable partnerships, and we’re delighted to be sponsors of the Brighton Festival and the Soil Association; two organisations that fit seamlessly with the Nutshell ethos.
- We’re always delighted to welcome new members of our dedicated, skilled and enthusiastic team. 2016 saw us welcome, already essential team members, Simon Kay and Kieran Crumley onto the team.
- We also welcomed a new member of the Nutshell family to our services portfolio. Nutshell:spaces is our answer to small project services and we’re incredibly excited to work on new and unique projects as well as with a wealth of new partners.
- Last but not least, we also made a few transformations to our own HQ, the most notable of which being the growth of our specialist joinery workshop. The increase in size of our workshop will allow us to take on more projects and share our craftsmanship and expertise with even more of our clients.
With the New Year just around the corner, we’re committed to retaining our exceptional service and we’re excited to see where 2017 takes us. Here’s to a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!