Construction/Project Manager – Brighton based projects.
Main duties – the following outline your main responsibilities and are all equally important.
Construction – build to the highest quality using best practice methods and following relevant legislation.
- Have good knowledge and experience of a range of building techniques.
- Monitor and manage quality control for all operatives on site including Sub-contractors.
- Make sure that work complies with building regulations, planning permissions and any other relevant authorisations.
- Be very familiar with CDM 2015 regulations so that all health and safety legislation is followed with help from the EHS Manager & Site Lead.
- Order and chase materials etc. from suppliers and with the help of the Site Lead organise for their safe delivery and storage on site and monitor their use during the build.
Programme – help run the project to time and within budget.
You will be:
- Responsible for the construction programme, including its planning and scheduling, implementation, management and completion.
- Responsible for the weekly updating and publishing of the programme as a priority, for up to a month ahead.
- Providing weekly reports without fail on project progress including the programme update to the Operation Manager.
- Planning, scheduling, allocating and reviewing project tasks with the help of the Site Lead.
- Responsible for monitoring the project budget to ensure that the profit margin is achieved with the help of the Cost Controller and Commercial Manager.
- Helping the Commercial Manager to produce valuations at regular intervals.
- Able to instantly spot when work has not been allowed for, either when instructed by client or due to previously unknown factors.
RFIs and Variations – collecting, managing and implementing any variations and requests for information.
- Plan and cost variations in terms of labour, materials and impact on programme for regular presentation to the Commercial Manager.
- Implement and monitor any returned variations and update the programme as appropriate.
- Monitor and update the RFI register and make sure that all relevant parties always have the necessary information as soon as it becomes available.
Subcontractors – organising, planning for and managing Sub-contractors and their operatives.
- Plan for, schedule and make sure that work areas are ready for any Sub-contractors.
- Check their RAMS and insurances before they come to site with the help of the Project Team.
- Check the work done by Sub-contractors against Purchase Orders.
- On occasion, be asked to find Sub-contractors and exchange the relevant Purchase Orders with help from the Cost Controller.
Relationships – maintain good relationships with all parties involved.
You will be:
- The primary point of day to day contact with the Client and will be able to talk with them in person or on the telephone as soon as reasonably possible.
- Meeting regularly with the Client, their representatives and the Project Team.
- Helping your Site Lead form good relationships with all on site, especially Sub-contractors who we may not have worked with before.
- Meeting with consultants and inspectors as required.
- Be aware of and apply the Nutshell Mission & Vision to keep our clients happy.
- Notice any issues that might negatively impact on how others see Nutshell.
If you would like more information or to apply for any of our vacancies, please contact Karen on 01903 217900 or email a copy of your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com.